To Make an Appointment
Please call (02) 6771 3469
Art Therapy is a form of psychotherapy that uses art-making (drawing, painting, collage, etc) as one of the modes of communication within the therapeutic relationship. Art Therapists have been trained to work therapeutically using the visual arts.
No artistic “skill”or “experience" is required to participate in Art Therapy. Art Therapy differs from traditional art-making in that the emphasis is on the process of creating and meaning-making, rather than on how the end product looks.
Advantages of Art Therapy
Art Therapy aims to improve and inform physical, mental and emotional well-being by providing opportunities to;
- Express feelings that may be difficult to verbalise
- Explore imagination and creativity
- Develop healthy coping skills
- Improve self-esteem and confidence
- Identify and clarify issues and concerns
- Increase communication skills
- Share in a safe nurturing environment
- Identify blocks to emotional expression and personal growth.